RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Remains cognizant of, and adheres to, Credit Union policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Supports the analysis of sales, overtime, secret shop, cash management and other reports to continually improve the growth, efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the branch.
- Supports the development of new business to expand the membership of the Credit Union and utilization of the branch. This includes contact with employees of approved FOM companies, community, and civic organizations.
- Trains employees on product knowledge and provides sales coaching to assist in achieving established branch and corporate goals. Implements and trains employees on standard operating policy/procedures and regulatory compliance to ensure Credit Union-wide conformance.
- Has the authority to make exceptions to policy and procedures with respect to: application of check holds, waiving and refunding service fees, and other matters related to member deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Assists the Branch Manager with the preparation of employee performance documentation and recommends disciplinary action to the Branch Manager.
- Audits the branch to ensure conformity with Credit Union policy, procedures, safety and security issues, regulatory compliance and physical appearance standards.
- Communicates to management recommendations for improving procedures and processes.
- Ensures Core Value expectations are met and that the member experience is courteous, attentive and efficient at all times.
- Participate in Individual Dialogs to ensure each employee has a means to discuss both positive and negative issues affecting their work.
- May conduct monthly Department Dialogs with branch personnel to explain procedural changes or practices to ensure consistent information is provided to the membership.
- Monitors branch traffic flow and makes adjustments to ensure efficient service is provided to members.
- Supports the Branch Manager in the preparation and tracking of branch budget.
- May provide support to other Member Services/Operations Departments as directed or needed via email inquiries, phone support and incoming chats. Has knowledge and understanding of the Zeacom multi-media platform.
Operational Support Duties (Assistant Branch Manager II & III only): Any or all of the following duties may be assigned as directed by management.
- May perform Membership Officer activities, lending quality control and branch audits to ensure control processes are working effectively. This includes review of new account exceptions, business accounts, and specialty accounts.
Participates on Corporate project teams:
- Analyzes, designs, develops, evolves, and supports programs/products, service delivery processes/systems associated with an assigned project.
- May assist with coordinating implementation of project plans, testing and preparing test scripts, product/program procedures, policies and other documents.
- Takes direction from the AVP of Branch Operations when working with other managers, departments, vendors, and project team(s) as applicable.
- Recognizes and identifies process limitations and communicate recommendations for improvement to Project Lead and/or AVP of Branch Operations.
- Updates the AVP of Branch Operations on project progress, changes, or initiatives taking place.
Leads and/or participates on special department projects as needed:
- Assists with upgrades, patches, consolidations, integrations
- Responsible for evaluating enhancements, releases, or new product offerings and makes appropriate recommendations to senior management.
- Maintains a log of all significant outstanding software/hardware defects reported with processes/projects/vendors.
This position may manage both subordinate supervisory and non-supervisory staff, and is responsible for overseeing workflow and delegating assignments to subordinates in cooperation with the Manager. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.